Your Company Cannot Afford Cheap Translation Services
You are probably asking yourself, why can’t my company afford cheap translation services when the services are, after all, cheap? Well, I’m assuming you already know the saturated old saying ‘Cheap is expensive’.
Surely whoever came up with that saying didn’t do it for the sake of sport. I don’t know about you, but I believe a good translation can be the one thing that stands between a company and insurmountable losses.
What happens when you compromise on quality?
When it comes to translation—and generally any other service procured for money—cost equals value.
The cheaper a service is, the more likely less effort was put into it. However, you also don’t want to pay more than you need which often happens with translation services.
The idea is to stick closely to affordable services as much as you can. A reliable translation company will always find a way to customize their services tailored to your budgetary requirements.
Many of these companies do offer a range of options and service levels depending on what you can afford.However, they are also aware that there are people who find cheap to be a lucrative easy way out and they will be sure to provide just that. After all, it is no secret that what you pay for is what you get.
How expensive can cheap get?
Errors in translations have resulted in considerable damage before to both property and life. This has reached the extent where there is great need to be extremely severe and cautious about the kind of translations you seek.
If you consider the long run, the cost of poor translations will heavily exceed whatever little you think you can save at the moment from mediocre translations.
Here are some of the things that can go wrong and hurt your company when you procure cheap translation services that have the likelihood of being incorrect:
- The only message cheap translations carry across especially to the public eye is, that whatever your company is offering is just as cheap as the message lauding it.
- Shoddy translations meant for marketing make your company appear careless which can significantly hurt your reputation.
- Incorrect translations or missed point could pass on a very different message from what was initially intended.
- Where products directly affect people, like for instance the medical field, incorrect translations can prove very harmful, and some cases have resulted in the loss of lives.
- Incorrect translations may not just result in damage to company resources, but could also lead to substantial losses in cases of consumer lawsuits.
It is easy to see that translation mistakes are serious enough to warrant utmost care as they can quickly destroy years of building a business in a moment.
Do you still think that your company can afford cheap translations?
The next time you are hunting for a translator online, make sure they are reliable. You do not want the kind of translation that does more harm than good to your business.Back